Sunday, July 21, 2013

LOVE-ly helplessness

                 
           
             I sat looking at the pigeon today. My vision blurred as I watched her. It was pouring outside and soon my eyes competed with the pour. She was far away from my reach. All I could do was watch and feel so overwhelmed that soon I had a lump in my throat.. I was witnessing what LOVE could do. That poor little Mummy bird had cuddled her dear little baby bird under her wings trying hard to protect her from rain. I watched till  my eyes clouded and started pouring too. LOVE chokes me every time. Did mummy bird even know anything about LOVE? Scientific Reasons may be given to explain all this. some may even say that on the verge of her death the mother bird would flee..ETC ETC... but for me what I saw was LOVE. In her own ways, how much ever she could, she tried protecting her baby from rain.  Tomorrow she may not even remember what she did but that moment will now last with me forever.

We humans too are capable of so much love and all this love alone makes the time spent here worthwhile. Womb to grave we may travel, with hardly anything to take. Unfortunately we can't even carry love to our graves. So the best thing to do with it, is to GIVE. What is it about Love that makes people care for the other above one self? Mummy bird showed me how she managed to do it and so did my aunt.  Today, as we had lunch and all relished their food, I saw my aunt hardly paying any attention to what she was eating.  All her attention was focused on her 1 year old grandson who played carefree on the bed with other cousins. The taste of the food didn't matter in front of the Love she has for him. Her watchful eyes only looked for safety of her dear one. The food satiated her only when she was near him again. This may be a very small incident. But can LOVE be big or small? Can it be measured and compared? Mummy bird and granny mom did different things. Only LOVE made them one.

Such is the beauty of LOVE. in giving you receive more. The receiver may hardly even appreciate or know. But the one who feels LOVE has found his heaven just by the sight of their loved one. It gives one the courage to go beyond ones limitations and do the best they can just so that their loved ones are safe, happy and protected. It may make one helpless as many a times efforts and results don't replicate the feelings.Yet there is something Love-ly in this helplessness. The happiness of ones you love is as important to you as your own. Such is the beauty of LOVE.   

No comments:

Post a Comment