Sunday, March 24, 2013

OH why? OH why? OH why?

OH why? OH why? OH why? this happens to me always...............what happened? well things pass right in front of my eyes and I miss it. this time it was a book.

Books are lovely companions...They talk to you, tell you stories, give you ideas, help you through and most of all they are so easily available than people are these days. Books will never tell you, 'Look, not now, I am busy' or 'go Away, I am not in a good mood'... etc etc. people give reasons, books give company and recently I have got back to my old friends, the books. I had a wonderful opportunity this summer to make some more new friends as there was a book fair close to my work place.

"A book Fair" what can I tell you about it. The idea of being surrounded by millions of books gives me the thrill.As a kid I dreamed of having a huge library that i would need a ladder to go through all of them. In my college I & would read in a section meant only for reference books, allowed only for an hour, only because all around me there would be books stacked up neatly. The look and the feel gave me the joy. A book fair, meant Party time.

On the first day of my visit, I didn't carry enough cash. Bought all I could buy with all that I had, but unfortunately had to leave behind some. Imagine leaving behind the books! the biggest fear was, "what if someone else picks it up before I come". So like a silly little girl, I shoved the books, upside down under a huge pile of other books and marked the position mentally in my mind. I planned to get it the next day. The wait for the next day was the longest. I am amazed by the way our mind treats time. Lengthening it when you want something badly and shortening it when you don't want something. But luckily how much ever you try, mind can't stop time forever. So time to go to the book fair arrived. and off I went, skipping and frolicking to the fair. Luckily for me, the books were there.

My third visit to the fair is what this Why oh? Why oh? Why? is all about. The fair was coming to an end. I went on the second last day. Well as I was browsing through the books, I came across a book called "We bought a Zoo" by Benjamin Mee. I wanted to buy it, but somehow I didn't, as I saw another one that caught my attention. All was well until the next day, when I saw the movie 'we bought a zoo' on TV. At first it didn't strike me that the movie was based on the same book I left behind yesterday. Later when I realized it was based on a true story of Dartmoor zoo and I had just missed getting the book for such a cheap price, is when i cried. Oh why, Oh Why, Oh why?????

Many a times this happens, after missing out on an opportunity and not realizing it then, life shows you almost immediately what you missed. Its like somebody is playing a prank on you. Its like, by  irritating you, life is having its laughs. Otherwise why would a movie by the same name be shown the very next day? why did that particular book catch my attention? Its funny the way things are placed sometimes, today looks to be connected with yesterday long before today became today. And we are mere watchers of this circle of life. The circle always connects marking no beginning and no end. sometimes in this circle life prepares us beforehand for the events that may occur and sometimes puts us in trouble.. whatever it is, and for whatsoever reason it happens, these observations are fascinating. and I wonder, ARE WE LIVING IN OUR PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE IN THE SAME TIME???? 

No comments:

Post a Comment