Tuesday, February 26, 2013

CUSTOM_MADE

It's only the best if it fits your need. Wish everything was custom-made.
On a lazy sunday afternoon, with nothing much to do and just a book to read,
I began toying with the idea of making a bookmark. I wanted one since long and being the creative sorts, I decided I would make one for myself. The materials at hand, hardly offered any interesting choices, but I went ahead with my plan. And so the old newspaper was the first victim of my creative endeavor. It was cut into pieces and then crucified with the help of orthodontic wires wound around it, till  I thought I had made a design. Next came the idea of having a paper clip attached to it, so it could be fixed to the pages and would not fall or get misplaced easily. I made the paper clip myself by twisting and turning the stiff wires. Finally the book mark was ready. And like for all my creative attempts, I fell instantly in love with my present creation as well. My custom made bookmark was PERFECT. It may not be so for others, for a friend whom I offered to sell it to, only paid me with laughter and my mom who saw it, offered to buy me a good bookmark from the stores. Yet, I loved it. That's how it is for anything Custom-made, it fits your need, not of others.
Inspired by this thought I wondered why everything wasn't custom made. Even  my search for good camera made me realize how I liked some features of one and some of another. and how I wish I could combine the two. My daily journey by the train brought me across so many like me who struggled to make their purchases custom-made. From a Girl buying Bhel puri from the chaat waala to the auntys selecting food and clothes, all were busy framing their choices, prescribing their own requirements. the point behind all this is, that custom-made is all about choices, and choices can't be explained. choices are individual. AND the satisfaction so gained is indescribable. so now here I am, lovingly staring at my bookmark, rather than reading the book 

No comments:

Post a Comment